Rush after restrictions

  • Blog, Media
Photo: Sydney Morning Herald

With weddings now allowed again, albeit in a small way, there’s a rush to get married from couples whose plans were affected by the latest COVID lockdown.

I married Andy and Nina just hours after the rules were relaxed, and their wedding was reported in the Sydney Morning Herald. Read more below!


The wedding of Sydney couple Nina Miranti and Andrew Conduit required more contingency planning than most.

“There was the Saturday plan, there was the Wednesday plan, and then the Friday plan,” Mr Conduit said.

The Manly residents were among the couples who scrambled to plan weddings after the Berejiklian government decided COVID-19 restrictions would ease to allow marriage ceremonies with up to five guests from Friday.

The changes followed months of limbo for couples like Ms Miranti, 35, and Mr Conduit, 40, who planned their event in six days after strict rules to slow the spread of the Delta variant banned weddings for three months.

“Last Saturday, Nina and I were just relaxing with a coffee and Mum came in shrieking ‘Turn on the TV, turn on the TV’. It was Health Minister Brad Hazzard making his announcement about weddings being allowed,” Mr Conduit said.

“We booked [marriage celebrant] Stephen within an hour, we wasted no time. The wedding has gone through various iterations since then. We’re beyond happy we were able to make it happen.”

Read the full story here in the Sydney Morning Herald.

By Stephen Lee, Sydney Marriage Celebrant