Skip to content

What documents do I need to show you to get married?

I’ll need to see your passport for ID checks. Or if you don’t have one, you can show me your birth certificate and photo ID, such as a driver’s licence.

If you’ve been married before, you’ll need to provide a Divorce or Death Certificate.

Documents must be in English, so they may need to be translated. The Marriage Act 1961 stipulates they must be translated by an official NAATI translator. I can help you arrange this if required.